Words are great. You can do anything in the whole entire world with just words. They’re fun and exciting and beautiful and weird and crazy and I love them.
I could say that this list is a compilation of my favorite words, but I can’t say that. Everyday you see new words, learn new words, say new words, and every time these words mean something a little different to you. Everyday you love new words and hate new words and so this is just a list of some words that I like. Enjoy 🙂
- Hello: Well, hello means hello! But I love saying hello. Don’t you? Hello hello hellooo.
- Serendipity: the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way
- Taradiddle: pretentious nonsense
- Gardyloo: look out for the water! Used in Edinburgh as a warning cry when it was customary to throw slops from the windows into the streets
- Wanderlust: a strong desire to travel
- Petrichor: the smell of dry earth after rain (I also love this word because of my Whovian-ness)
- Hulabaloo: a commotion
- Effervescent: bubbly
- Splendiferous: splendid
- Pluviophile: Lover of Rain
- Idiosyncrasy: a mode of behavior or way of thought peculiar to an individual
- Pantaloons: women’s baggy trousers gathered at the ankles
- Bugaboo: an object of fear or alarm
- Bubble: a thin sphere of liquid enclosing air or another gas (you know what a bubble is… I want to blow bubbles now!)
- Lollygag: spend time aimlessly
- Gadzooks: an exclamation of surprise or annoyance
- Quintessential: representing the most perfect or typical example of a quality or class
- Promiscuous: having or characterized by many transient … relationships
- Felicitations: a way of saying congratulations!
- Pineapple: hehe. you also know what a pineapple is. Pineapples are funny.
- Pokelogen: marshy or stagnant water that has branched off from a stream or lake
- Onomatopoeia: the formation of a word from a sound associated with what is named
- Abecedarian: a novice
- Juxtaposition: the fact of two things being seen or placed close together with contrasting effect
- Rendezvous: a meeting at an agreed time and place, typically between two people